Bhavan’s Gandhi Vidyashram
Minutes of the II PTA Meeting- 2017-2018
The first PTA Meeting for the academic year was held on 21st April, 2018 in the AV Lab. The meeting began with the school prayer. The Principal Mrs.P.Sridevi Mohan addressed the gathering.
The Principal informed the parents that the School Management has opened admissions to class II and III for day scholars from April 1st onwards.
The Principal also explained about the various vocational subjects offered by the CBSE in classes IX and XI this year.
The Principal gave a detailed report of the activities of the school from 5th January 2018 to21st April 2018.The Principal also addressed the suggestions received from the parents. The main suggestions from the parents include:
- Conducting an orientation program for all parents on the reopening day(5/6/2018) at 11.a.m about Bhavans
- All the parents appreciated Principal& Teachers for their hospitality, care for students.
The Principal emphasized on the following policy decisions of the school:
- The school to reopen after the summer break on 6th June, 2018. Boarders should report on the 5th of June on or before 3 pm without fail.
- Parents should ensure that their wards should be dropped back in school on time after every out pass.
- Parents should avoid sending Tucks, Money and Electronic items.
- The students have been given holiday assignment in order to keep in touch with their academics. So I request you to see that your ward completes the same.
- Parents should ensure that your wards are provided with the necessary school uniform namely 4 sets of blue uniforms, 3 sets of white uniforms, 2 pairs of Black Shoes, 1 pair of White canvas shoes, 1 pair of sandals, 12 pairs of socks, Handkerchiefs, Undergarments etc. so that the child will report in school in complete uniform. Please check their belongings as disciplinary action will be taken otherwise.
- Parents to check if their ward’s clothes were tagged with the respective admission number.
- Parents to pay the first term fees on or before 1st June, 2018.
The Past PTA President Shri.S.Selvakumar then addressed the gathering.
Then the Incoming PTA President Shri.G.Samikkalai F/O G.S.Kannan and S.Thivya addressed the parents.
The vote of thanks was delivered by Mrs.Srividya, parent of Master Pranav (Class IX).
The PTA was followed by a Workshop on “Parenting Insights” for all the parents. The resource person was Mrs. Meena Kannan, parent of Master Nithin Surya(Class VI). It was an interactive session which the parents thoroughly enjoyed.
The meeting came to a close with the National Anthem.